Broccoli is one of the very low calorie vegetables; It provides only 34 calories per 100 g. However, it is rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that are beneficial to health. The absorption capacity of the radical oxygen (ORAC) broccoli is 1.632 mol TE / 100 g.
Onions are a rich source of chromium, a trace element that helps cells react to tissues adequately to the insulin level in the blood. , It thus helps to facilitate the effect of sugar levels in blood insulin and diabetes control.
Preparation time::- 10 minutes
Cooking Time :40 minutes
Servings :- 2
- 5 ounces chopped broccoli
- 1cup cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/1 (5 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Bok choy, diced
- 1/2 (5 ounce) can premium chunk chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1tablespoon butter
- Stir Onions and bok choy in butter until soft. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Saute a minute.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, rice, broccoli, onion/chicken mixture. Fold in 2 cups cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes uncovered.
Why This is Good For You
- High in protein
- Low in Sugar
- No trans fat
Total Fat 35.2g
Saturated Fat 18.9g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carb 94.7g
Dietary Fiber 3.9g