T-fal are one of the most trusted and loved brands in modern cookware, and with good reason. They’ve been a reliable brand for well in excess of 100 years. Don’t like T-fal? We also did a large comparison post, if you want to check out another of the best pots and pans set.
If you’re looking for a good combination of both quality and value, then you’d be hard pressed to find anything better that this set from T-fal. it includes pretty much everything that you could need from a cookware set, including their ‘one egg wonder’. Whilst you might think an egg cooker will never get used, it’s definitely handy if you want to cook the quick boiled egg for your kids.
About the Product
Possibly the most unique thing that separates T-fal from others in the cookware world is the Thermo-Spot technology, or as we like to call it, the red dot thing. Basically, this lets you know when your pan is properly preheated and at a good temperature to put your food on to cook. Once you get used to using a T-fal pan and its preheat warnings, it’s hard to change to any other brand. This set includes;
- 8″ frying pan
- 10.25″ frying pan
- 11.5” frying pan with extra glass lid
- 10.25” griddle in a square shape
- 1, 2 and 3 quart sauce pans with glass lids included
- 3.5 quart saute (extra deep)
- 5 quart Dutch Oven with lid
- 3 quart Steamer with two handles on each side
- a ‘one egg wonder’ (an egg cooker, basically).
- It has pretty much anything that you could need – Have another quick read through the list above. Notice anything missing that you might need in your kitchen in terms of pans and pots? No? We don’t think there’s anything either. You really won’t need to invest in anything else if you like this one.
- The T-fal thermo-spot – It definitely must be considered as a big bonus of any frying pan set. The ability to know when your pan is properly pre heated? Yes please.
- A great warranty – T-fal are known for offering a decent warranty with their products, and it’s no different with this pots and pans set. They offer a limited lifetime warranty, which basically means that if anything fundamental goes wrong with the pan, they’ll help you out with it
- Works with induction – Not all pots and pans sets that you’ll find work with induction cookers coherently. This set seems to work like an absolute charm.
- It takes a while to get uses to the material – As ever with T-fal products, you aren’t supposed to let them get to a high heat. Or, what you would normally perceive as high. This is because the material that these pans are made of is different than other pans (Teflon). Of course, by heating these on a medium heat, you’ll actually get them to a higher heat and there really isn’t an issue. It’s just a bit of an adjustment if you are used to using different pans.
This is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of our favorite sets of pots and pans that we have reviewed. With 17 pieces, you really won’t have to worry about investing in anything else for your kitchen.